Wednesday, October 29, 2008

George sings karaoke

George singing karaoke.


LeAnne, Kenji and Sam singing "Funk Fujiyama"


One night I went to a fun place.
I went with some of my new teacher friends.
I also went with our new Japanese friend.
His name is Kenji.
He works for the city of Sanyo Onoda.
He helps us to visit places in the town.
He is very nice.

We all went to a karaoke studio.
I had never sung karaoke before.
George wanted to come.
He had never sung karaoke before either.
I took George with me to sing karaoke.
We had a lot of fun!

First, we went to a 7-11 store.
There are many 7-11 stores in Japan.
We bought snacks and cokes.
The karaoke studio does not sell food or things to drink.
But they let you bring your own!
The karaoke studio had many rooms.
We had our very own karaoke room.
We had a singing party.

We sang some American songs.
Then Kenji sang some Japanese songs.
One song he sang was called "Funk Fujiyama."
We could not read the words.
They were in Japanese.
But one part just went "oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, oh!"
We could sing that part!

George had fun singing.
He picked a song for us to sing.
It is a song by his favorite band.
Can you guess his favorite band?
The Monkees!

No comments: