Wednesday, October 15, 2008

George sees a play

George meets a kyogen actor, Don Kenny


Mask used in some kyogen theatre


Today George and I saw a play.
It was funny.
It had two actors in it.
One actor played a servant.
The other actor was his master.
The servant did not want to work.
He tried to trick his master.
But his master tricked him instead.
After the show, one actor talked about the play.
He said it was called a kyogen play.
Kyogen plays are old.
They have been performed in Japan for 600 years.
They are always performed in the same way.
And they are always funny.
The actor showed us some masks.
The masks are used in some kyogen plays.
They are carved from wood.
The actor had a video of the kyogen play.
George thought that I should buy the video.
He wanted me to show my students the funny play.
I told George, "What a good idea!"
And that is what I did.
Now we can share the kyogen play with you, in the library!

No comments: